October 25, 2013

countdown to halloween: jekyll and hyde

A church. A cold, dark night. A silent film version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, with live musical accompaniment provided by the church organist.

 That's all I needed to hear.

Oddly, the tickets and posters advertised the Fredric March version. What we saw was the John Barrymore version. But why quibble?


Ghoul Friday said...

There is something magical about juxtaposing monster movies against a church environment ;)

Mantan Calaveras said...

Sounds like a jolly old time.

halloween spirit said...

It was an ideal setting. Hope they make it an annual tradition..

Guillaume said...

That would be my kind of evening. I love a good old silent horror movie. My opera teacher did one of those, she sang the role of Christine Daae (and Carlotta) in the 1925 movie, with I Musici doing the music. You can still get the performance: